Your privacy is important to us.
•We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
•Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
•We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
•We will protect personal information by using state of the art security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
•We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
•We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Website Standard Terms and Conditions written on this webpage shall manage your use of this website. These Terms will be applied fully and affect to your use of this Website. By using this Website, you agreed to accept all terms and conditions written in here. You must not use this Website if you disagree with any of these Website Standard Terms and Conditions.
- Intellectual Property Rights
Other than the content you own, under these Terms, CareCrew Software Inc. and/or its licensors own all the intellectual property rights and materials contained in this Website.
You are granted limited license only for purposes of using the features contained on this Website.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following
- publishing any Website material in any other media;
- selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- using this Website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website;
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website;
- using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
Certain areas of this Website are restricted from being access by you and CareCrew Software Inc. may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well.
- Your Content
In these Website Standard Terms and Conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video text, images or other material you choose to display on this Website. By displaying Your Content, you grant CareCrew Software Inc. a non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable, sub licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media.
Your Content must be your own and must not be invading any third-party’s rights. CareCrew Software Inc. reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time without notice.
- No warranties
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and CareCrew Software Inc. express no representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Also, nothing contained on this Website shall be interpreted as advising you.
- Limitation of liability
In no event shall CareCrew Software Inc., nor any of its officers, directors and employees, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website whether such liability is under contract. CareCrew Software Inc., including its officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent CareCrew Software Inc. from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
- Variation of Terms
CareCrew Software Inc. is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.
The CareCrew Software Inc. is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
- Governing Law & JurisdictionThese Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Nova Scotia, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the province and federal courts located in Nova Scotia for the resolution of any disputes.
It is the responsibility of all members, including employees, care staff, house staff, and volunteers, to preserve and protect confidential client, employee and business information. The Federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and the Provincial Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) govern the acquisition and use of data that pertains to
individuals. All of these laws establish protections to preserve the confidentiality of various health and personal information and specify that such information may not be disclosed except as authorized by law or the client or Agency. Confidential Client Care Information includes: Any individually identifiable information in possession or derived from a provider of health care regarding a patient’s medical history, mental, or physical condition or treatment, as well as the clients and/or their family members records, test results, conversations, research records and financial information. Examples include, but are not limited to:
• Physical medical and psychiatric records including electronic, paper, photo, video, diagnostic and medical reports;
• Client general daily records;
• Mainframe and department based computerized client data;
• Visual observation of clients receiving care or accessing services; and
• Verbal information provided by or about a client.
You understand and acknowledge that:
1. You shall respect and maintain the confidentiality of all discussions, deliberations, client care records and any other information generated in connection with individual client care.
2. It is your legal and ethical responsibility to protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of all records, proprietary information and other confidential information relating to Clients and staff, including business, employment and care information relating to all clients, members, employees and services providers.
3. You shall only access or disseminate client care information in the performance of your assigned duties and where required by or permitted by law, and in a manner which is consistent with officially adopted policies of your Agency, or where no officially adopted policy exists, only with the express approval of your supervisor or designee. You shall make no voluntary disclosure of any discussion, deliberations, client care records or any other client care, peer review or risk management information, except to persons authorized to receive it in the conduct of your Agency affairs.
4. Your user ID is recorded when you access electronic records and that you are the only one authorized to use your user ID. Use of your user ID is your responsibility whether by you or anyone else. You will only access the minimum necessary information to satisfy your job role or the need of the request.
5. You agree to discuss confidential information only in the work place and only for job related purposes and to not discuss such information outside of the work place or within hearing of other people who do not have a need to know about the information.
6. You understand that unauthorized release of client information may make you subject to legal and/or disciplinary action.
7. Your obligation to safeguard Clients confidentiality continues after you are no longer a
workforce member of a participating organisation.
You hereby acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing information and that you login into the website signifies your agreement to comply with the above terms.